We all have had people in our lives that drain us mentally and emotionally. Maybe it is your best friend, a classmate, or even a family member. The point is, you suffer when you allow certain people to take up too much of your mental space. You have to remember that you have goals to reach and success to grasp. In order to do that you cannot be weighed down my toxic people. So here are a few tips from me on how you can remove those people that bring you down or cause negative energy into your life.
- Identify who is and isn’t toxic. Sometimes the hardest part about removing toxic people from your life is realizing who is toxic. It is easy to say the person who gets on your nerves all the time is someone you need to cut off, but what about that friend that you love to death, but they aren’t going anywhere in their life and they can’t seem to take responsibility? You ever consider that perhaps that being your constant resource for energy may be toxic? Who you surround yourself is reflection of yourself. What is the mirror telling you? If you don’t like that answer, it is time to make a change.
- Don’t expect them to change. One thing that I applaud people doing is choosing to talk to these toxic people about how they feel. Simply telling them that you feel as if sometimes they are releasing a lot of negative energy and it is hurting you may make a difference and allow them to see for themselves how toxic their behavior is. However, do not EXPECT them to change and then be disappointed when a negative person doesn’t want to take accountability for their life. Let it be what it is.
- Establish Boundaries. One of the best ways to remove these people from your life is to simply start distancing yourself. Let them know you won’t be able to spend as much time with them and then actually act on that. If you know that the person calling you only wants to talk about negative things or other people in a negative way DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. The moment you pick up that call you have welcomed the negative energy into your life.
- Don’t let their problems become your problem. I know that may sound harsh, but tell me if this sounds familiar: You have a friend who you love to death, but they are always depressed and upset about their life and the things they go through. To them, everyone is out to get them and nobody ever wants to help them. Now, think about it: is where they are REALLY everyone else’s fault? Do they take any responsibility for where they are in their life and how they handle hardships? Or is it everyone else? Those are the kind of people that will look to you for sympathy and confirmation in their beliefs. It is not your job to save them nor should you feel responsible for their lack of progress.
- Choose your battles WISELY. A lot of people will not just flutter away with ease. A lot of people are going to come at you sideways about how untrue of a friend you are and how you don’t appreciate all that they have done for you. They are going to remind you of every little thing (and I do mean LITTLE) they have ever done for you. It is NOT your job to respond to their accusations. They will not see your point of view or get why you feel the way you do. They don’t want to. You will be labeled someone who ‘changed’ or ‘switched up’ when in actuality you grew up and decided you wanted to surround yourself with people who have the same growth mentality. Don’t let them drag you into a ‘what a good friend is’ battle or make you feel guilty because of all the things you know they’ve ‘been through’.
- Surround yourself with better and more positive company. One of the things that inspired this post was the fact that this year I did a MAJOR detox when it came to the people I talked to on a regular basis. I cut off a lot of people and some people I didn’t necessarily cut off, but I distanced myself heavily and they are no longer a part of my inner circle. When I did that I made a special effort to spend more time with people who promote growth and productivity. Now, my best friend and I have pushed each other to great lengths and inspire each other on a regular basis. That is the kind of friendship circle you want to have. Where people lift you up and push you to be better and vise versa.
- Remember that once their gone, their gone. I had a friend in particular that I had a very hard time letting go of. That person meant a whole lot to me for years and despite how negative and stagnant they were I always made excuses as to why I allowed that person to stay in my life. I had to really think about the fact that he was toxic and sent negative energy constantly. Remember, however, that cutting people off for your good wont always feel good at the beginning. Once that person is out of your life, that’s it. You may never have that friendship again and you need to think about that carefully before deciding who to remove them from your life. Don’t let your love for them destroy your prosperity, but prepare yourself for the feeling of a break up because that is exactly what it will be.
I really hope this helps someone out there who struggles with negative surroundings. If you read this and you find yourself making excuses about how you cannot remove your negative entities and how I couldn’t possibly understand how hard it is to be positive in your environment or be rid of your environment… maybe the toxic person in your life… is you.
Well, that’s all the tips I have for that. If there are any other topics you want me to talk about OR you want to add on to this topic and say what has worked for you removing toxic people, please feel free to share.
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.*
Summer is here! The sun is shining and it is not warm, but HOT. I love the summer. I love the weather, the activities, the pool parties, and the BBQ’s! When we were kids the summer was all about fun and games and how much time you can spend outside cutting up before the street lights came back on. It was about late nights and even later mornings. But we’re grown now and things are a LITTLE different. I’m still all about fun and enjoying myself, but I am also about being successful and living my best life.
Now that it’s summer there is so much opportunity to enjoy yourself and relax, but also to push yourself further ahead than ever before. You may be a student who is on their summer vacation or an adult who still works full time and is trying to squeeze in some sun. No matter which one you are I know that making the most of your summer will leave you feeling accomplished and as if you had the time of your life! So here are some of my tips on how to make the most of your summer!
- Stay Active. This is something I struggle with I’ll admit. I am always wanting to just lounge around, especially if I know I don’t HAVE to be anywhere or do anything. But it is important not to become a lazy bumpkin just because it’s summer. You can relax a whole lot more, but at the very least go outside and just take a walk. Do a nice long stretch when you wake up in the morning. The more you keep yourself moving, the more you’re likely to accomplish and the better you are likely to feel.
- Travel. One of the best things about summer is the TRAVELING. It doesn’t matter where you go but GO. Get away. Get out and discover something new. If you can’t afford to leave the country or go to the other side of the country you currently live in, then choose the biggest city nearby that you’ve never been to and make a road trip, and take the LONG way. If you can’t do that then become a tourist in your own town! Go somewhere you have never been in the place you live. Hit up all of the holes in the wall and see what your city has to offer up!
- Expand your knowledge. Take a summer course doing something fun like cooking or dancing. Read some books over the summer. Learn something new about something you’re passionate about. Summer is no excuse to stop progressing your knowledge. Take this summer and put it to good use. Go back to school or come back from vacation a smarter person.
- Meet new people. This is something I am hoping to do this summer because I am awful at making new friends. I am a friendly enough person but speaking to strangers isn’t my strong suit. I also spend an unnatural amount of time by myself and I can’t say that I don’t prefer it that way, but I do love meeting new people and experiencing different personalities. So this summer let’s go out and make new friends and connect with more individuals. It can lead to inspiration and I’m hoping to maybe meet other bloggers or YouTubers in my area and connect (feel free to reach out!). Maybe even collaborate on something just for fun. You never know but networking and making connections with people is important!
- Take another look at your goals. We all made goals and resolutions at the beginning of the year, right? Take this summer and review your goals. Decide what’s important and evaluate how you’re doing towards those goals and see if you let any slide to the back burner. Sometimes you just forget or you lose some of that spark. You can download a FREE Slay Your Goals Guide to help you achieve your goals and re-spark that motivation! Note what you may not even have started and decide rather or not that goal is still important to you. If you discover that it is start working towards it! If not, it’s okay to scratch it off and prioritize things that you DO still want to accomplish.
- Join a group or team. One summer I joined the conference choir for my church and all of the different churches in the city and some other cities all came together and sang songs for this CD. This was probably one of my favorite experiences in my life and that was because I was a part of something bigger than just me. We sang in different places throughout the summer and marketed ourselves to gain attention to our upcoming CD. We did a live recording. I met so many new people and made some friends for life that I am still in contact with to this day. Joining a group or team can help you make more friends and can make connections. It keeps you busy and makes you responsible for something so that you aren’t just lazing about the entire summer. Once you’re up and about you’re more likely to stay that way. Not to mention you’ll just have a lot of fun. So join your summer baseball league or basketball team in your community. Start an acapella group, I don’t know whatever suits your fancy.
- Update your resume. I actually had someone suggest this to me and as soon as they said I realized that I had so many things to add to my resume it was ridiculous. I have done so much and gotten so many new experiences and my resume wasn’t reflecting any of it! Update your resume. You never know when an amazing opportunity will present itself and having your resume updated and ready to go could come in handy. Also to be honest after updating my resume I had gotten the chance to reflect at all that I have learned since my last resume update. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and pride to know that you actually have things you can add and say you’ve done.
- Get to know yourself again. Summer is one of the best opportunities to get to know yourself and your likes and dislikes. We change a lot every single year and learn new lessons. Sometimes it’s necessary to take the time and take note of who you are and what you now stand for. I like to spend some time with myself by myself to get re-associated with me and who I am. Especially if you just spent the past nine months doing everything for everyone else. Take the summer to be with you.
- Spend time with friends and family. I have a bad habit of neglecting the people I care about when I am busy working and trying to accomplish goals. It sucks and it’s something that I don’t like about myself. During the summer I try to make a special effort to reach out to and spend more time with the people that I care about. I spend a longer amount of time on the phone with my friends who live far away. I say yes a lot more to trips. I see my sisters and my mom a lot more. This summer alone I am going to spend some time at Six Flags with my mom and sisters, go out of town to one of my best friends birthday, and go to my boyfriend’s family reunion with his family that I love. And all of this is just in the next couple months during the summer. I need this time to reconnect and catch people up on my life and get caught up on what is new with them.
- Relax and ENJOY yourself. I know I’ve said a lot but the most important thing you need to do this summer, is BREATHE. Don’t overwhelm yourself with anything. Don’t stress yourself. Laugh more. Run more. Play more. Take it easy on yourself. I’m not saying be lazy or hold yourself back from amazing opportunities but don’t forget to stop and smell the roses. It’s okay to spend more days binging on Netflix when you know you sacrificed many Netflix nights all year.
So this is what I would suggest for this summer. I intend on doing this all myself. I love the summertime like I said so I intend on having the time of my life WHILE also becoming the best me possible! What are your plans for the summer? Can you make any suggestions for this summer that I haven’t touched on? COMMENT BELOW!
One of the things I am constantly hearing when watching my motivational videos and podcasts is the importance of waking up early. It is always emphasized. I’ll admit that being a morning person has benefited me because I get so much more done and I feel so much better at the end of the day knowing I can sleep after a day of being a BOSS. However for a lot of people (such as my boyfriend) getting up early in the morning is not as easy as one might think. So I started watching videos on how to become a morning person and one thing that I kept coming across was a common sense notion of going to bed early.
It does seem simple to go to bed early so you can wake up early but let me be the first to tell you that when people say that as if you can just lay your head down and go to sleep when you want or feel you should, I always want to slap them in the face a bit. It is NOT as easy as just decided you’re going to go to bed earlier and then going. I, myself, struggle with it and half the time end up running on less sleep which is completely unhealthy. So in light of this, I did to experiment on myself and without his knowledge, my boyfriend, to see if I can figure out ways to go to bed earlier. I actually found certain things made me more tired and now I do tend to go to sleep earlier and at the very least be in bed laying down much earlier than before. So here are some of the tips I find actually work:
- Keep busy throughout the day. This is a pretty practical idea that I started noticing in my boyfriend first. When he gets up early in the morning and goes to play basketball, works out, has dance practice, and then spends an entire shift at work, he comes home and once he settles down all I hear is his snoring. So I started implementing that myself. I have been filling my days with activities and giving myself a to-do list that will keep me moving and working for the most of the day. And if I don’t have anything to do, I go for a walk or do an extra Yoga session to keep me active. Now I find myself ready to pass out by 9pm. Being productive and working on your dreams while just working is one of the best ways to get yourself pooped enough to actually go to bed when you should.
- Clean your room before bed. I recently discovered this in a video I watched (I can’t remember which one) and I decided to try it. As it turns out the clearing of my room helped clear my mind and relax me. Seeing my floor look all spotless was extremely relaxing and made settling in my freshly made bed a lot more relaxing of a thing to do.
- Start turning off your access to light periodically through the night. I’m not even sure if that made a whole lot of sense, but as the evening goes on I start cutting off lights. I am not crazy about the dark so most of the night I at least have one light on near my bedroom, usually the bathroom. I did notice, however, that when I start turning off those lights, I am more likely to want to settle down and get tired. Not just those type of lights though. That includes your computer light, your TV light, and for some people your phone light. That last one is more difficult for me and I have kind of given up on being one of those people who completely unplug before bed. I don’t need to text or scroll through social media, but I watch things on my phone and I can’t fall asleep without noise and I would rather play it on my phone where when I fall asleep it will lock on it’s own rather than the TV that will stay on all night and waste electricity.
- Set alarms. I set reminders and alarms for myself to remind me that it’s time to settle down or go to sleep. I get so involved in lots of things like blog writing or just work in general that sometimes time gets away from me. So I set reminders for myself to start wrapping it up. I start setting alarms to remind me that I need to start getting ready for bed and implementing my nighttime routine. It’s will be annoying at first, but if you listen to your reminders you will thank yourself later.
- Get accountability partners. I have lots. I have at least three people in my life that keep me on my toes about the goal I want to do for myself in every aspect of my life. I want to gain weight and so my best friend is constantly trying to force me to ingest bread. It’s the same with going to sleep. My friends usually go to sleep rather early too and for the most part, I am intentionally ignored if I try to be social at night. And my best friend’s are constantly reminding me at night that I have to be lit the next morning which usually exhausts me mentally enough to not want to be social and relax so I can be prepared and rested.
- Switch up your night routines. This is the best thing ever to me. Sometimes it helps to try different stuff to see what works for you to get that maximum amount of rest and sleep. Try changing the order in which you do things or add something or take something away from your nighttime routine. I actually may do an updated nighttime routine for you guys soon because I posted one last year and I’m quite confident that my routine now is completely different.
- Stop taking naps! This is what I am FOREVER telling my boyfriend. You will not be tired at night if you are allowing yourself to nap. If you MUST nap or you’ll just die then don’t take one for longer than like thirty minutes. I don’t nap at all and that usually helps when I push past that mid-afternoon sleepy fog to get a good night’s sleep. Because if you work hard all day without a nap, you earned that sleep and your body will reward you for it. My best trick for when I accidentally nap is to stay up late, still wake up early and then don’t let myself lay down and nap at all throughout the day. By the time nighttime hits, I am exhausted.
- Go outside. Something about walking in the sun and getting all that fresh air both relaxes and tires you out. There are multiple reasons for going outside and walking. In fact, I may do an entire blog post on it, but whenever I take a walk in the sun I find myself a little bit drained when I go back inside. Nighttime walks also relax you and put your mind in that soothing space needed to go to sleep.
- Start small. Nobody is saying go from sleeping at 1am to 8pm overnight. That’s not realistic. Even if you do these things I’m suggesting, you will not start going to sleep early all the time. It will take practice. It takes time to train your body to do something new and this is no exception. So start by going to bed thirty minutes earlier every week.
- Take deep breaths. I notice when I am laying down if I take slow, deep breaths I start drifting off immediately. It is soothing to practice relaxing breaths. I also noticed how tired I get when doing it during Yoga. It is calming in a dangerously relaxing way that sometimes can make me re-tired when I do it in the morning. It is a good thing to practice right before bed and as you lay in bed.
So these are my tips. This has helped me get my sleeping pattern back in order. Now in the morning, I can wake up as refreshed and lovely as usual. What helps you go to sleep at night? Do you think I should do an updated morning/nighttime routine? You think you’ll try any of these tips? Comment down below and share your thoughts!
Stalk my social media!!
👻 SC: CherishingFlo
It is June. Wow. It is the middle of the month. I am SHOOK. I cannot believe how quickly this year is going by. I mean so much has happened in the past six months I have whiplash. If you guys remember in December of last year everyone had New Year’s Resolutions and things. Well, I was no different (I know, I’m so original). I made a post on what my goals were for this year. You can check that out here.
I do monthly checks and stuff on my goals and how I’m doing and everything and I realized today that it was the middle of the month. So I decided that since I told you guys my goals to hold myself accountable, I figured I would update you guys on how I’m doing with all of these goals. Hopefully, I have not completely failed at everything and have to tell you guys how I failed… So let’s get into it!
- First: Pay off all of my debts
- This is still a work in progress. I am paying things off but it is a slow process because I am still building my brand and my substantial income. BUT I am not just neglecting this goal! It is just going to take me some time to pay off debts even if they aren’t like huge debts. Baby steps.
- Raise my credit score
- This is also a slow process. I am soon to get a credit card and I do have an apartment in my name and my utilities and I have opted to have it all reported to the credit people. So as long as I continue to pay my bills… that should be a thing that helps.
- Start a YouTube Channel
- I DID THIS. I waited forever to do it and I’ve done it! You can subscribe to my channel here! I’m so excited about it and the love I have received is tear worthy! Thank you guys for that! I literally just did a happy dance in this coffee shop thinking about the fact that I ACTUALLY did this!
- Growing my blogging platform
- I LOVE you guys and this community. I took a long break in March and the love I received was surprising and wonderful. You guys sent me emails and DM’s and sent me positive quotes and uplifting messages. Each and every one of my subscribers and viewers is awesome. We are growing and I am just so humbled and HYPE about it!
- Live a healthier lifestyle
- Go to a TedTalk
- There was one in March for me to go to but I ended up not going. However, I will be checking soon for the next one so I can go. It WILL be a thing. And I will Vlog it, take pictures, and share my thoughts with you guys and all of the wonderful knowledge I take in while I am there.
- Record my first EP
- I still plan to one day but I think I am going to put this one on the back burner because writing has become a huge part of my life and I really want to go with it because my passion for it has grown as time has passed.
- Gain multiple strands of income
- I have two different strands of income right now. One of which involves me writing blog posts as a freelancer and words could not express just how relieved and happy I am that that’s a thing now. And I have more money making moves I shall soon be doing! So by the end of the year, we will see but I have so much going for me that I’m excited to tell you guys in December how everything goes.
- Read 50 or more books
- I’ve failed. It’s a complete fail on that one. I have finished ONE book and am reading another. I am enjoying it but I get so busy I literally forget to read. Any advice on that?
- Manage money better
- I am progressing greatly on this. I haven’t spent unnecessary money in such a long time and I have been controlling my impulse control. I am saving for specific goals for the end of this summer and my discipline has been pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
As I sat here and typed this whole thing I found myself getting extremely emotional. I have been through a lot this year and while I don’t share negativity too much I will say that the first few months of the year I was in an extremely bad place and couldn’t see my dreams being a thing. But that’s why I am grateful to you guys and my loved ones. My readers were a big part of the reason I chose to push forward and not let negativity stop me from being great and positive out here in these streets.
So if you haven’t even touched any of the goals you wanted to complete for this year. You have now. Don’t give up and don’t get down on yourself because your time is coming. I have done so much more than I thought I would this year and we’re only halfway through. So CherishingFlo Fam let’s make our dreams come true this year.
What were your goals this year? How are you doing with that? If you need encouragement don’t be afraid to reach out to me at any time via social media. I am always willing to listen and encourage!
Stalk my social media!!
👻 SC: CherishingFlo
When I listen to my podcasts in the morning or my YouTube videos, I find myself always hearing people talk about how you have to get out of your comfort zone in order to be successful. I love those speeches because getting out of my comfort zone is what I have been trying to wrap my mind and heart around. It wasn’t comfortable to start this Blog and it was even harder to start my YouTube Channel, but I had to get myself out of my element in order to get what I wanted to get and where I want to go.
So, if you’re trying to get out of your comfort zone, let’s first explain exactly why this is a step in the right direction:
- It holds you back How are you going to grow and progress if you are allowing yourself to sit still? Comfortability just means stagnant. Do not confuse being grateful for being comfortable. Always be grateful for where you are because at some point you were worse off, but never allow yourself to remain stagnant.
- There are people out there with less talent than you, doing exactly what you’re keeping yourself from doing. There is someone very dear to me who is a wonderful dancer. He can really move, but he holds himself back because he is scared and always gets butterflies when he tries to put himself out there. There are dancers out here blowing up on Instagram with HALF the talent he has. Why? Because they push out of their comfort zone.
- Helps you grow You remember when you were younger and your back hurt because you were going through a growth spurt? Being uncomfortable is exactly the place you have to be in order to grow.
- Self Confidence When you continue to push past your fears and always search to be outside your comfort zone, you begin to feel invincible. When I started this blog I was hesitant to post it anywhere and I felt so awkward and uncomfortable telling people I blog. Then, I started to receive love from other bloggers and strangers online and the more I pushed forward, the more confident I got in blogging. It pushed me to be able to say with ease to anyone that I meet that I am a blogger and it is one of the biggest passions in my life.
- You won’t regret it One thing I can confidently say is that the more you push past your self-made limitations, the more you realize just how vital this is to your success and happiness.
Now that I have grasped your attention and hopefully motivated you enough with the why’s, let’s hear some tips on HOW to get out of our comfort zone:
- Start small You do not have to go throwing yourself out in the fire right away. Do something small that gives you a bit of discomfort (in a good way). Try some new things you’ve once said you’d never do. Baby steps, people, baby steps.
- Reward Yourself When I first uploaded my very first YouTube video (which literally took me thirty minutes to do because of how afraid I was), I rewarded myself with ice cream and a relaxing spa night at home with candles and my favorite movie (Space Jam). It helped associate the feeling of stepping out of my comfort zone and taking a risk with rewards and good feelings. Your risk will in itself produce its own reward, but also reward yourself. Give yourself a special treat that you don’t do for yourself on a regular basis.
- Embrace you fear Nobody is expecting you to suddenly be fearless. That is not realistic. It is okay to be afraid. In fact, if you aren’t at least a little bt anxious, it probably isn’t going to be all that rewarding in the end. Take those butterflies as a sign of progress. You gotta risk it all to have it all.
- Stop making the safe choice My Facebook is FULL of people that I know in my personal life and most of them knew nothing of my blogging and YouTube desires that I have had since I was fourteen. So, when I started on those platforms I chose the safe route of only promoting my blog on my Twitter and I kept it off the social sites that felt too personal. However, at some point, I decided that was just playing it safe because then I wouldn’t have to face the opinions of my friends and loved ones. Now, my friends and family read my blogs, give me feedback, and share my content. At the end of the day, the safe route just held me back from the possibilities of more publicity. So, don’t always take the safe route. Take the risky route that makes you nervous.
- If you find yourself nervous, but kind of excited..don’t overthink, DO IT. This is a lesson that I have learned. Don’t let yourself talk you out of following your dreams that you’re passionate about. The only thing that is going to happen is you are going to convince yourself that this is not the right move because of this or that, but it is all excuses and lies to keep you in your stagnant state because in your stagnant state you cannot fail. However, I welcome failure that I can learn from! If you are forever stagnant and avoid growth, then you failed already.
So there are my tips on getting out of your comfort zone, as well as why you should do exactly that! What makes you want to get out of your comfort zone? Can you think of any tips that I didn’t mention? Comment below!
Stalk my social media!!
👻 SC: CherishingFlo
It is so hard to forgive. I cannot lie and say that I have forgiven every single person that has done me wrong. It is a struggle. I have learned quickly that it is a struggle that is well worth it. If you are struggling with forgiveness here is are 6 reasons that you should learn to let go and forgive.
- You cannot heal until you do. I know that some of you will say you will never forgive certain people for how they’ve treated you. Sometimes that person doesn’t necessarily deserve your forgiveness, but you’re not just doing it for them. You are doing it so that you can hear that persons name and not feel a thing. That is true healing. Like it or not and say what you want, if you don’t forgive, you don’t heal and you never move past it.
- You’ll genuinely feel free. It is hard work. It is truly hard work, but once you do it… you will feel so much better. It is like a weight is lifted. There is no more animosity. There is no more ill will or anger. That truly is one of the best feelings known to man.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean you condoned their actions or that there will be a reconciliation. Forgiveness is letting go and not harboring ill will towards a person. Reconciliation CAN be a big part of that, but you can easily forgive someone and make the calculated decision that they shouldn’t be in your life. And it doesn’t mean you’re okay with what they did, it means that you accept it and refuse to hold onto the past.
- You’re no longer a victim. When you don’t heal, you remain the victim. You have to dig deep inside of you to face your problem so you can convert yourself from a victim to a survivor.
- It makes room for more important positive things. Thinking about something negative takes up space for thinking about something positive. The more energy you waste being angry or upset with someone, you are filling a space in your heart with something that could be filled with happy memories. Not forgiving someone usually cripples you in the end.
- It does absolutely nothing to them for you to hold onto it. This may sound harsh, but you being mad at someone for long periods of time is purposeless. You are wasting your time and your life spewing venom at someone who is out here living and working and moving forward with themselves. The people who hurt you, even if they feel guilty, they move on and live their life. You hurt yourself way more than you hurt them at the end of the day!
So, yes, forgiveness is hard, but is holding onto it helping you? What reasons can you think of to forgive? Are you struggling with forgiving someone right now? Comment below! I love you guys comments and hearing your perspectives!
Stalk my social media!!
👻 SC: CherishingFlo
So, I was talking to an associate of mine who asked me why I worked so hard to spread positivity. At first I had no idea what to say because I never thought I’d have to EXPLAIN the pure litness that positivity promotes! My associate then proceeded to tell me that they don’t understand ‘happy’ people who talk about keeping positive mindsets. This didn’t sit well with me because there are SOOOOO many different reasons that having a positive mindset benefits you. So, I decided to write a post about it! Here are some things that I can personally attest to that are benefits of being positive and working towards remaining positive in your daily life!
- You are more likely to follow your dreams. When you are always attempting to look on the bright side of things, you can encourage yourself to face your fears and see the positive possible outcomes. You’re less likely to give up on the things you really want. If that isn’t a good reason to promote positivity in your life…
- You are more joyful. Being positive isn’t easy. Nobody feels positive ALL the time, but when I choose to be positive instead of indulging for long periods of time in negative thoughts, I genuinely feel happier. After awhile, it’s easy to keep unfortunate events from ruining my mood and spirit! It’s a good feeling to be able to look negativity in the face and say “nope, you won’t win today”
- ITS CONTAGIOUS. This is my favorite thing about positivity. When you smile at a stranger and you see them smile back, it feels good. I love seeing how my positive promotion actually causes someone else to be uplifted and then they share it and the cycle goes on! Pay attention to how one positive spirit can change the vibe of an entire room no matter what the vibe was before. Positivity is POWERFUL.
- It attracts positive events. I was going through a lot earlier in the year. I was depressed and my mindset was trash. Then, I decided that something had to give. And while I was consistently working on bettering my mindset, amazing changes started happening in my life. Opportunities started opening for things I’ve always dreamed left and right! It was amazing! And it made me push to stay positive even more which promoted more amazing opportunities. It’s a fantastic cycle.
- Better health. Since remaining positive mentally, it has had positive affects on my body physically. I don’t know the scientific connection but my headaches have lessened and I used to be a sickly person, in and out of the hospital and I literally have been ill maybe once in the past year.
So those are SOME benefits of being positive. There’s actually a whole lot more I’m sure. Are you convinced yet? Aside from all the reasons I named doesn’t being positive and smiling just FEEL better? What reasons can you think of for being positive? Comment below!
Stalk my social media!!
￼ SC: CherishingFlo
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will receive a small commission if you decide to click through and make a purchase.
Welcome back to another Monthly blessings Blog! This month has been so full of positivity and blessings and wonderful things that I am literally overflowing with all of the good news I have to share with you guys and having to force myself not to type out certain things that are still to come! So let’s get into what amazing things happened this month!
- I received my first payment for writing! Blogging and writing are my biggest dreams when it comes to my future career and after working really hard, I was offered work as a freelance blogger for this awesome website. It is my first time ever doing something like this and I absolutely love it! At the end of last month/beginning of this month, I got my first payment for my works and it was a big deal for me!
- I made it to over 200 likes on my Facebook page. I have neglected the CherishingFlo Facebook Page quite a bit since I’ve made it, but I dedicated the month to get my act together and the change has been so awesome! I went from 90 likes to close to 300 in such little time! Thanks for all of that love! (Also if you don’t like the page, go ahead and give it a like).
- I made it to over 100 subscribers on my YouTube page. My goal for this month was actually 50 subscribers so when I checked and saw that I reached over 100 I jumped for joy! It may not seem like a lot to some, but that over 100 people who find my content lit enough to want to keep wanting more! That’s amazing!
- I reunited with my best friend after over two years. I have a best friend who is also a fellow YouTuber who I hadn’t seen in AGES. Finally, we planned a trip back to our hometown and I got to see her and it was amazing. It was such a fun weekend and seeing her was so awesome. You can see the entire thing in the Vlog I made during that weekend. It was so awesome! You can also subscribe to her blog here.
- I saw my mother on Mother’s Day! My mom and I live in two different states so I don’t get to see her all of the time, but on Mother’s Day, I made sure to be in the same city as her which you’ll also see in the YouTube video linked above. I made a Mother’s Day Post in her honor and she loved it and that made me happy.
- Slowly making progress in having multiple strands of income. If you have read my New Years Resolutions… (Goals) post then you know this was one of my biggest goals for this year! I am happy to say that I have made TWO small income strands and both of them from home which is also a HUGE goal of mine! I am very excited about it and this is just the beginning!
- Got my first affiliate partnership! Since I wrote this down in my planner, I actually got offered another affiliate deal for these really cool courses, but I decided to turn it down because it didn’t fit my niche and I didn’t want to start promoting and pushing something that I wouldn’t actually utilize myself. If I am going to do any affiliate deals, they are going to fit into the message that I already believe in and want to share with you guys. AllYouBoo’s Slay Your Goals Planner, however, is an AMAZING planner that I adore. It’s downloadable and has over 60 pages of prompts for writing out your goals as well as positive quotes and stuff (which I live for) to keep you motivated! I haven’t been able to stop talking about the planner since I found out about it and now I have an affiliate deal with the company! How awesome is that?! Can you say blessings upon blessings upon blessings or nah?
- I got to watch both of my younger sisters graduate! One from middle school and one from high school. It was so wonderful and fun! I got to see my friends and my family and have a mini vacation with my love included! It was a really great time and an awesome way to end the month and I am grateful we were able to do it!
So as you can say this month was FULL of blessings. I was overflowed with all of the good things that were happening and swinging my way. I also reach my blog subscriber goal for this month and I am extremely appreciative of all of you for making that goal possible! What good things happen to you this month? What are some goals you plan on hitting next month? Comment below!
Stalk my social media!!
👻 SC: CherishingFlo