So, I was talking to an associate of mine who asked me why I worked so hard to spread positivity. At first I had no idea what to say because I never thought I’d have to EXPLAIN the pure litness that positivity promotes! My associate then proceeded to tell me that they don’t understand ‘happy’ people who talk about keeping positive mindsets. This didn’t sit well with me because there are SOOOOO many different reasons that having a positive mindset benefits you. So, I decided to write a post about it! Here are some things that I can personally attest to that are benefits of being positive and working towards remaining positive in your daily life!
- You are more likely to follow your dreams. When you are always attempting to look on the bright side of things, you can encourage yourself to face your fears and see the positive possible outcomes. You’re less likely to give up on the things you really want. If that isn’t a good reason to promote positivity in your life…
- You are more joyful. Being positive isn’t easy. Nobody feels positive ALL the time, but when I choose to be positive instead of indulging for long periods of time in negative thoughts, I genuinely feel happier. After awhile, it’s easy to keep unfortunate events from ruining my mood and spirit! It’s a good feeling to be able to look negativity in the face and say “nope, you won’t win today”
- ITS CONTAGIOUS. This is my favorite thing about positivity. When you smile at a stranger and you see them smile back, it feels good. I love seeing how my positive promotion actually causes someone else to be uplifted and then they share it and the cycle goes on! Pay attention to how one positive spirit can change the vibe of an entire room no matter what the vibe was before. Positivity is POWERFUL.
- It attracts positive events. I was going through a lot earlier in the year. I was depressed and my mindset was trash. Then, I decided that something had to give. And while I was consistently working on bettering my mindset, amazing changes started happening in my life. Opportunities started opening for things I’ve always dreamed left and right! It was amazing! And it made me push to stay positive even more which promoted more amazing opportunities. It’s a fantastic cycle.
- Better health. Since remaining positive mentally, it has had positive affects on my body physically. I don’t know the scientific connection but my headaches have lessened and I used to be a sickly person, in and out of the hospital and I literally have been ill maybe once in the past year.
So those are SOME benefits of being positive. There’s actually a whole lot more I’m sure. Are you convinced yet? Aside from all the reasons I named doesn’t being positive and smiling just FEEL better? What reasons can you think of for being positive? Comment below!
Stalk my social media!!
￼ SC: CherishingFlo