Relationships have problems and issues and arguments. No relationship is perfect, right? Well, I consider myself to be rather enduring when it comes to relationship. I can handle a lot when I love someone, but like everyone else, there are some things I just cannot accept if I’m going to be in a relationship. And this actually goes for relationships romantically or platonically.
So here it goes:
- Cigarette smoker. I can SOMEWHAT handle someone who smokes cigarettes in my life as a friend, but anything more? No. I can’t stand the taste or smell of cigarette smoke. I don’t judge anyone who does it, but I don’t want it in my nose and mouth. So, that’s definitely a deal breaker.
- Disrespectful to their mother. I cannot STAND people who disrespect their parents. I don’t take excuses or reasons or none of that. Somebody carried you UNCOMFORTABLY for 9 months and you treat them like trash? That’s probably one my biggest pet peeves and I can’t even respect someone who mistreats their mother. Quickest way for me to become a not so sweet individual.
- Liars. I’m just not with it. I can’t get down with someone who lies to me constantly. I’m an understanding person and there is never a reason to lie to me. So I just can’t have someone like that in my life.
- Rude to waiters. I don’t even understand people who scream at waiters when they are upset about their food. Are you aware that they don’t actually COOK THE FOOD?? So what are you yelling at them for? Plus, they are human. They make mistakes and this is how they pay their bills. RESPECT THEM.
- Unclean. I’ve come across a few gentlemen who didn’t understand proper hygiene and it is unpleasant to be snuggled up against someone who has a foul odor regularly. Same with friends. I don’t wanna hang out with someone who CONSTANTLY refuses to take care of themselves.
- Lazy. I have learned recently that I don’t vibe with people who expect so much for doing so little. Making excuses and talking about how you deserve this and why don’t you have this when you haven’t done ANYTHING worth getting it. Going through hard time doesn’t entitle you to anything. Hard work does. People who lack ambition are people I genuinely don’t really want in my inner circle.
- No sense of humor. I am a corny goodball. I actually play way too much. It’s absolutely absurd how silly I am. My love calls me weird because of my goofy behavior almost every day. If you can’t get with that… we can’t hang lol.
- Unsupportive. I share my blog everywhere. I even send links to my friends sometimes who I know don’t see my posts, but I always notice people who give me genuine and consistent support. My love is ultra supportive. He pushes me to keep doing things even when I don’t want to or I’m scared to. He ALWAYS has my back. People who put me down or throw doubt at my dreams are unwelcome.
- Doesn’t respect me. Respect is my NUMBER ONE THING. The moment a person disrespects me I become another person. I am cool and fun and chill until I’m disrespected. The moment you become a disrespectful individual towards me you’re instantly cut out of my life. No second thoughts about it. It doesn’t matter who you are.
- Abusive. I mean physical, mentally, or emotionally. I have been in a physical and emotionally abusive relationship and I will never allow myself to deal with anything like that ever again.
So, those are my deal breakers. Do they seem unreasonable? What are your deal breakers? Comment below! Until next time….